Tuesday, November 18, 2008

FX Trades 11/17 & Network Connection Problem



Ugly.

Positions were opened right after I went long on TF at around 1am EST today.

D asked if this is my way of hedging.

Er....

NOPE.

I was long TF at 450 only coz I saw a familiar pattern - that of it testing resistance before US market opens. My target was no higher than 460 (It didn't even get there before 9:30am EST of course). I was half expecting TF to plunge back down to its 440 support at least once today.

Nearly missed taking profit when I was disconnected from IB and couldn't get back in after the 150th attempt (serious)!

Switched to mobile network after D reminded me that I actually had a piece of gadget lying around somewhere just waiting for mishaps like this to happen to justify its purchase and the monthly bill it incurs.

Got back into the system in time to put in a trail stop.

On hindsight, I would have been much better off had I just waited for D to come back from his night out to fix my network problem.

I would have gotten my 10-point profit (managed to put in a profit target of 460 before I was logged out of the system)!!

No comments: