Tuesday, April 28, 2009

ES (Live) Trade 4/27 & A Horror Movie

Thought I was going to be at least mildly depressed over the weekend - because of Apr 26 - but both Sat and Sun turned out to be rather productive, much to my surprise.

I washed D's shirts! Am proud of myself. D rewarded me with "28 Weeks Later".

What happened was, I was setting up dinner, and D asked what I would like to watch while we eat.

Me: Actions! Adventures! Anything that's not artsy-fartsy. Something like Iron Man?

D: Hmmm....we're out of those....how about thriller?

Me: Thriller's perfect!

D: There's just a bit of gore...but you've seen worse...it's NOT a horror movie anyway....alright with you?

Me: Just play the *%*$#! video!

So, we had dinner with "28 Weeks Later".

99 minutes later, I was completely speechless.

We went for a smoke, did not talk about the movie, and when we came back in, I went to work on my charts right away. D played online poker. We turned in at 2am. Lovely evening.

A conversation I had with D this morning while we were getting our first nicotine fix of the day (daily ritual - we chat before he goes to work):

Me: You know, I was thinking...

D (as if waiting for me to say something really wise about the market...which I often do - but only early in the morning): Yes?

Me: "20 Weeks Later" is totally a horror movie! A whole bunch of zombies going around gorging on the living, nearly non-stop screaming...and EVERYONE DIED!! I hate an ending where everyone dies!!! No one's supposed to die after trying so hard to live!!!

D (totally amused): So, you are disturbed by the show! Hahaha...

Me: No, I didn't sleep very well, that's all. I LIKE HAPPY ENDINGS!!!!

Not exaggerating. I tried catching a nap, but just couldn't fall asleep.

So I'm now tired, and tensed, and my eyes are killing me after 2 days of looking at this:
It's just an observation that I made and I began backtesting over the weekend (Lonely, if you're reading this - yes, I'm still as insane as ever).

This is a little different from my usual approach, where I write a story for EACH and EVERY candle (so by the end of the day, I would fill up 6 A4 size papers with 70 stories). Using this method has allowed me to see the big picture (ironically) while not missing any details.

With the candle counting method, I don't make notes. I just count. It's easy to miss the big picture. But it's supposed to give me better entries and more concrete exit plans. Still working on making it work for me. Anyway, I missed my strong open after a gapdown,followed by deep retracement "W" setup, and am starting to have to squint my eyes to look at my candles, so I'm calling it a day. Just occurred to me that it's Monday ie. NOT my day. Definitely wrapping up.

Am no longer on the simulator. Infinity's platform is very ME-friendly so far and I'm comfortable with going live from today on.

Just 1 scalp to start the week: USD 112 (I need to have a green monday!!)

7 comments:

Lord Tedders said...

Jules,

I'm also not a fan of horror movies! That's why I watch sappy Anime for 14 year old girls (not kidding). It's so heartwarming! And they always get the guy their after.

LT

thelonelytrader said...

Jules,

Crazy as a loon.

cory said...

I recomm Black Sheep, it has a happy ending. I watch travel channel or food network when I eat thought.

Jules said...

LT,
I love heartwarming movies, those that give happy endings to characters that deserve them. I like movies that encourage and inspire, where the bad guys get punished and the good guys live happily ever after. That's what movies are: a temporary escape. You want to escape to a better place, not a worse one! LOL!

Jules said...

Cory :-) ok, I will check out Black Sheep :-) Yes, I love travel channels! And fashion TV! But those are reserved for D's massage time. We have dinner at our workstation, so we watch DVDs on our pc. Talking about happy endings - I watched 2 movies over the weekend where the protagonists - both kids - DIED. I wanna cry!!!

Jules said...

Lonely,
I am indeed. Your knotty warhols will have to catch up. They are starting to make too much sense!! LOL!

thelonelytrader said...

Jules, don't worry. They will.