I've been thinking about this for quite a while now: going back to full-time work.
The 14-month break has been fulfilling. I totally lived my dream of being a recluse, and confirmed that I can be an island by myself.
I'm now more confident than I ever have been, and know that I'll have no problem being seen eating lunch alone.
Now, the easier part: getting someone to hire me.
Ha.
Haven't a clue where to begin.
As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I know how to ask for a job.
But if I want it badly enough, I will find a way.
The 14-month break has been fulfilling. I totally lived my dream of being a recluse, and confirmed that I can be an island by myself.
I'm now more confident than I ever have been, and know that I'll have no problem being seen eating lunch alone.
Now, the easier part: getting someone to hire me.
Ha.
Haven't a clue where to begin.
As a matter of fact, I'm not sure I know how to ask for a job.
But if I want it badly enough, I will find a way.
10 comments:
In BOLD and in BLOOD: "GIVE ME THE BLOODY JOB" on your resume.
No, no, no, butchering is out for me honey.
why get a job? you seem to be doing really well in the markets?
welcome back to the workforce! now there's something i can relate to. hope you get one soon and can't wait to read abt your experience juggling both..
Hey Denarii :-)
When I can no longer trade 5 TF contracts (max 3 now - coz my account is down 50% since Oct...D paid the market..sob story...my conservative broker, IB, needs $4-5k margin per emini contract), I get jittery and that's not going to be good in the long run. I want to be able to trade what I see, and stay in my trade when I'm not convinced to run yet. But to do that, I need to be better capitalized than now.
Sadly, the bulk of my savings is untouchable, so I can't inject funds into my trading account. Once I find a job, I'll probably start transferring funds from IB into the FX account (it's now just a nano account - testing out the new platform and broker), and focus on FX instead.
Besides needing to save up enough capital for trading multiple contracts, I think having a job will allow me to trade more confidently. And seeing people on a daily basis will do me some good. Having a job forces me to get out, get some sun and fresh air, and interact with people - things that I'm not inclined to doing when given a choice :-)
Hi ya, Sage!! I sure hope I get hired soon too!! I just know how to do the wrong thing at the wrong time, don't I? :-)
I bet trading courses are now selling like hot cakes - just when people are turning to trading, I can't wait to get back to work a regular job :-)
You know, I think it will be a long long time - like 10 years or even more - before I'll consider trading full time again. I gave it a shot, and really felt the pressure when the only way the trading account was going was DOWN. You know how we can't touch our CPF - I have my dream capital in there idling (my house's fully paid for), and it's really driving me nuts!
I'm sure I'll have fun trading and working at the same time :-)
But first thing first - gotta find a job! LOL!!
I don't like lunch birthday and I rather eat alone. I have to suffer munching sound daily from co-workers eating their home made lunchs. I can't go out at lunch time because waiting in long line for foods always bring back bad memories. Think about it when you decide to join the rat race.
Hmmm...Cory, you keep to yourself a lot huh?
Yes, long Qs annoy me...I'd rather eat something else than wait in line...
Rat race is not such a bad thing for me right now...desperately need more things to keep my mind FULLY occupied. Whenever I have free space in my brain, it starts acting up...
Jules,
Well it takes a lot of courage to face your ultimate emotional as well as financial stoploss.
Best of luck to you finding a job that is suitable to your talents. Also, don't forget that part-time trading can be a lot less stressful.
Fear of being wrong, fear of missing out, fear of losing, fear of living in a cardboard box, and fear of losing face with your family and trusted friends - these are the chains that bind us when trading.
It is my belief that life was not meant to be lived in chains.
Hopefully with a job (and hopefully some amount of financial security in place) you will have the time to revaluate your desires and disentangle them from what you believe is expected of you.
When your desires align with the flow of the market - not your expectations for it, then you will achieve your goals. This is not accomplished by avoiding loss - but by embracing sound trading for the sake of sound trading.
Obviously this is far from your mind at this moment. So good luck with your job hunt and please think back on this when you feel you are ready to continue your dream.
LT
THANK YOU, LT!!! :-)
"When your desires align with the flow of the market - not your expectations for it, then you will achieve your goals. This is not accomplished by avoiding loss - but by embracing sound trading for the sake of sound trading."
Makes so much sense to me. The thought is not far from my mind, but achieving that state is a long long journey...
Post a Comment