An even lousier day.
LOSS: $277
Reduced position to 1 contract per trade coz I was expecting the market to be really schizo.
What I wasn't expecting was for NQ to turn out to be so SLUGGISH and LILY-LIVERED!!
On hindsight, I ought to have stayed out of trading all together today, and watch some good movies instead!
%&$#*&#$**!!
I didn't even have to look at a chart to know that it's a trendless, rangeless day for NQ.
Prices were basically crawling up and down within a tight range throughout the morning session.
Nil commitment from buyers and sellers.
Says a lot about the current market sentiment indeed: pure confusion.
I want to blame Obama.
44 is not exactly an auspicious number in my culture.
As a matter of fact, it's a REALLY BAD number.
A single "4" is bad enough.
44 is double whammy.
Ok, this is lame.
I mean, I really like the guy.
And it's not like he chose to be the 44th president.
Totally my fault that I don't know when NOT to trade.
But at least I'm not chasing.
Not today.
Maybe not even tmrw.
I'm not going to ask that same old boring question about when NQ is plunging.
It doesn't look like it will anymore.
Just a very LABORIOUS climb up.
SLOW is bad for my style of trading. A lot of adjusting to do.
At this rate, I'm much better off holding a day job.
But after being out for 18 months, I wonder if I'm going to be able to get back in....
Worst case scenario: WAITRESSING!
Definitely going to be hell of an experience.
Hur Hur.....
LOSS: $277
Reduced position to 1 contract per trade coz I was expecting the market to be really schizo.
What I wasn't expecting was for NQ to turn out to be so SLUGGISH and LILY-LIVERED!!
On hindsight, I ought to have stayed out of trading all together today, and watch some good movies instead!
%&$#*&#$**!!
I didn't even have to look at a chart to know that it's a trendless, rangeless day for NQ.
Prices were basically crawling up and down within a tight range throughout the morning session.
Nil commitment from buyers and sellers.
Says a lot about the current market sentiment indeed: pure confusion.
I want to blame Obama.
44 is not exactly an auspicious number in my culture.
As a matter of fact, it's a REALLY BAD number.
A single "4" is bad enough.
44 is double whammy.
Ok, this is lame.
I mean, I really like the guy.
And it's not like he chose to be the 44th president.
Totally my fault that I don't know when NOT to trade.
But at least I'm not chasing.
Not today.
Maybe not even tmrw.
I'm not going to ask that same old boring question about when NQ is plunging.
It doesn't look like it will anymore.
Just a very LABORIOUS climb up.
SLOW is bad for my style of trading. A lot of adjusting to do.
At this rate, I'm much better off holding a day job.
But after being out for 18 months, I wonder if I'm going to be able to get back in....
Worst case scenario: WAITRESSING!
Definitely going to be hell of an experience.
Hur Hur.....
7 comments:
almost got what u went through but still trying to get the word:
%&$#*&#$**!!
:)
let's have some lighter moments :-)
That's chain-swearing, Harry :-)
What?! Give up your dreams for a 9-5 job after a 200 plus loss.. Come on! There will be better days ahead. Btw, you're doing great so far with the real trades.
:-) Thank you, Sage.
Trading is the last thing I'll ever give up doing.
In fact, it is precisely because I want to be able to continue to trade, and to trade better, that I need a continuous flow of income to build up more capital.
In the one year (just realized that it has only been a year, not 18 months or the 10 years that I felt....)that I quit my full time job, I've had up to 20 hours a day to watch the market and read some really good books on trading, and although I'm still clueless about many things related to trading, my learning curve is not as steep now.
And you should know that because of the different time zone, we have the luxury of holding a full-time job and still be able to participate in at least the morning session of the US market :-)
I'm kidding about waitressing of course. I am the most clumsy person I know - I most certainly am going to end up breaking plates and spilling hot soup on diners :-D
Am looking for a 9-6 job that pays me enough so I don't have to worry so much about drawdowns or fret over a single losing day :-)
Full-time trading, in my opinion, is really for the veterans and those with very very deep pockets. All others who choose to trade for a living will find out eventually that the odds are really stack against them.
i seriously have no abcxyz idea what you are talking about but "receptioning" (directing ALL calls, filing nails, reading newspapers, sorting mails, back to filing nails) seems like a funky option that can let you bring home S$1,200/mth. GOT CPF!!
Sea, are you hiring?? I'll take the 1200...and I won't file my nails. I usually bite them off LOL!! CPF?? Really?? Wow. But why would I need more CPF?? I want something I can actually see and touch and use before I turn, like, what, 62??
yeah, i can understand trader junkies like us.. there's nothing like a jab of capital to bring us to another high.. having said that, i'm not sure if trading full time is my cup of tea. I mean staring at the screen for 6-7 hours can wreck havoc to one's mental and emotional stability..
Post a Comment