ES Trade 6/8 (Mon): USD 25
Euro Futures (6E) Trades 6/9 (Tues):
Carrie brought 6 bottles of Planters Dry Roasted Peanuts! She's simply the loveliest. I repaid her by making her walk with me for a good half hour coz I couldn't find my car (Sea, stop laughing already!!). Finally, it was Carrie who figured out that there were 2 exits out to the carpark and I was at the wrong end. What would I do without D, Seabloke, and my friends??
Carrie is the one person who knows my deepest, darkest secrets. Seabloke knows 90% - the rest she would have to catch up (we were separated for the bulk of our teenage years). But Sea can always purchase the info - I take cookies & ice-cream!! LOL!!!
Carrie and I spent the most part of yesterday just talking and doing other forms of lung exercise...We went to my favorite hangouts, then to Sea's, then we picked D up from his office and went to the Esplanade to get our favorite cookies from The Cookie Museum, and had dinner there. After that, we walked around doing what we always do whenever the 4 of us are together - take turns to crack sick jokes.
By the time we got home, it was passed midnight. Carrie turned in, D checked how his toxic assets were doing, I opened my charts. I did what I always do on Mondays - mess up my entries and exits. Took 24 ticks in loss in 2 trades. That's 100% loss and that was not acceptable to me. It was the kind of day that I shouldn't have to lose money. Sent D to bed, took a shower, and came back to my workstation. Waited til 3:10pm and finally saw something that failed - a failed 3rd lower peak. Went in, and covered at the close of the 3:15pm candle. I didn't have the focus and energy to figure out the next resistance. I would have held til I see the first bearish candle (given that ES just left base, I would expect 2 to 3 push ups from breakout) had this been the first trade of the day (why can't the first one ever be good????!). But as far as yesterday was concerned, I just wanted my money back coz I didn't think the market deserve to take it - not yesterday at least. I did better than break even. I took 26 ticks (13 ticks/contract) for that trade, so I was up USD 25 for yesterday. Ha Ha!
I didn't manage to get a screenshot - I couldn't do a posting after closing my trade (typing would wake both Carrie and D up) and when I woke up this morning, I found myself shut out of all my applications and had to log back on. So no captures. Might post chart when I get a chance to. Carrie had gone riding with an old friend, so I had some time to trade the Euro Futures (will be trading both Euro & ES from now on - Euro doesn't intimidate me anymore coz I got it figured out ie. I've learned how to contain damages in Euro trades).
I've had 2 hours' sleep in 35 hours, and am taking a nap now so I can show Carrie around town when she returns in a while.
Don't think I'll trade tonight. D's right, I shouldn't even have traded last night. He actually made me promise that I won't trade at all this week so I can focus on my friend. And he really didn't think I could focus on 2 things simultaneously. He's right.
2 comments:
even my little gremlins can navigate in carparks and i've never had to remember where i'm parked lor...
Now you see why I have to stay in my cave, Sea???
Post a Comment