Friday, June 12, 2009

6E Trades 6/12 (Fri) - Painful Wrap Up



This is me at my most stubborn. Broke all the rules that I could possibly break:

1) Ignored the very pathetic volume, and went in 4 times

2) Blatantly ignored the inner voice that was telling me that I wasn't trading according to my plan (which is to enter only when price has come down to the area highlighted on my chart)

3) Moved my stop for the 2nd trade, and totally removing it for the 3rd and 4th trade (didn't want my stops to be taken out by spikes on a low volume day)

4) Refusing to take a step back to re-evaluate and re-group after 2 consecutive stop-outs

5) Ignored rule number regarding trading the 6E: that I was NOT to expect to have a trade everyday (since I'm only taking LONG position) - especially not on a Friday!!

6) Blowing my daily loss limit (this I have no control over - I simply couldn't get out fast enough for the last losing trade - had I had a choice, I would have bailed at 100 plus loss!)

I am officially calling it a day. Even if I have a setup in the ES, I am going to have to pass.

My only consolation is that I'm still up for the week, and my gains for these 2 weeks is still within the target that D has set for me (mine is 4 times that figure!!! But now's a good time to go with his, else I'll really feel like killing myself).

From now on, I will NOT enter a trade that does not allow me to put in a HARD STOP. That means no trading unless there's VOLUME!

I'll be a better trader next week.

Sea,
I'm not getting out of my cave until July. So, bring me my birthday cake. :-p

No comments: